Product DescriptionEssential information for anyone wanting to protect Internet-connected computers from unauthorised access. Includes:
- thorough discussion of security-related aspects of TCP/IP;
- step-by-step plans for setting up firewalls;
- hacking and monitoring tools the authors have built to rigorously test and maintain firewalls;
- pointers to public domain security tools on the net;
- first-hand step-by-step accounts of battles with the "Berferd" hackers; and
- practical discussions of the legal aspects of security.